Friday, May 11, 2012

Oaks 2012

It's All About the Phillies - Oh and the Lilys

Pictured below is my sister, Brooke and I with the famous "Lily Truck", very oxymoronic if you ask me the toughness of the truck paired with the delicate lily's? Oh well, this is Kentucky and it does make for a perfect photo opportunity.


 
          On my Sister: Jumpsuit from Forever21 Similar, Homemade hat. I am wearing: Zara top Similar, Skirt Loft, Necklace: Spike The Punch, and Facisnator from Work The Metal


To the left are the lovely Uttich family, Shane and Katie, good looking couple right? Shane is keeping it classy in a JCrew suit that he actually wore in their recent wedding. He has paired it with a tie that was a gift from his lovely wife from a new up and coming brand called "Small Batch". Really great competitor for Vineyard Vines. It has cute mint julep cups on it along with Jockey Silks- perfect for the event! His shoes are really debonair pulling the entire look together. Katie is wearing what she claims as the "most comfortable wedges ever" by Nine West. They are too cute for words with the ankle strap and fun colorful print. Perfectly paired with her more simple dress by Jessica Simpson. Her hat is from Macy's and really pulls the whole look together. I love that she kept everything simple with a splash of color and print in her shoes, allowing the focal point to be her hat. It is the KY Derby after all!   
Pictured to the right are my adorable parents, Barry & Anna Jo. Barry is sporting his classic bright colored gingham button up and dress pants. He is quite the sharp dresser, both of my parents are, in fact so much that maybe they are where I get my passion for fashion. My mother is always so chic and elegant, she really partook in the {PINK} theme for Oaks. I wish I had a photograph of the adorable red shoes she wore that matched her skinny red belt, but I guess that is what the Internet is for: see here- Banana Republic Shoes. She is quite the Suzie homemaker and therefore made her own hat. I can't even begin to describe the creative genuineness that comes out my mothers head. To really put things into perspective she made all of my bedding, curtains, and matching pillows every year in college. So of course all her amazing Oaks/Derby hats are always handmade.  

Here is another picture of my sister and I, Brooke really stepped out of her comfort zone and wore a jumpsuit. How adorable are the polka dots and ruffle? With this fashion risk she turned out to receive so many compliments from strangers. One man even stopped her and asked to take her picture. As the shopping obsessed younger sister I was incredible proud of her "out of the box" purchase, and it paid off because she looked so great!



  To the right is Teddi, my roommate, and her amazing friend Rachel that came in from New York. I simply adore Rachel and to really top off the Derby weekend it was also Rachel's birthday. Don't they just look fabulous? They are both wearing fascinator's similar to mine from Work The Metal, they were an incredible find by Teddi at only $14 a piece. Let me put things into perspective, normally a cute fascinator can range anywhere from $60-$200. So you can only imagine the excitement we all had from finding one for just $14. These gorgeous gals have been the best of friends since grade school! (Rachel's Fascinator is from Work the Metal, Sunglasses: Gucci, Dress: Maple brand found on Anthropologie. Teddi is wearing an Asos Dress, Work the Metal Fascinator, Spike The Punch necklace, and her bright beaded bag is from Urbanoutfitters.)

 


Here are just a few examples of the amazing Oaks here in Louisville. Up next is the main event, DERBY! Get ready for some "Team America", pretty ladies all dolled up, and even a few Mexicans.   

No comments:

Post a Comment