Monday, May 14, 2012

And They're Off {Derby 2012}

Cinco De Derby 

And now for the "Main Event": DERBY. My friends and I went to the "infield": a place where you can find an array of different types of people dressed in anything from nice dresses and hats- which might I add these people are crazy- to men in cowboy hats wearing man thongs. It truly is the greatest people watching ever. Anyway, back to our attire, we decided to go all out in {American, true redneck} style. I will also be showing some of my friends that kept things on the classy side and wore beautiful dresses and incredible
hats.

TEAM AMERICA


 The Fellas:

  • Above left: Clark really went for the "Nascar" fan look while wearing a nascar tee, women's lee jeans from the 80's that were an elastic waist band. Star bandanna, frocks- fake crocks $7 purchase at walmart, and you can't ignore the awesome mustache. Nick is supporting the CATS in a jersey and sombrero to represent the cinco de mayo holiday. Grant, a personal favorite, I only know one word to describe his short sleeve button up and that is AWESOME. An American hat, jorts, and of course the best part: his shoes, American flag converse kicks. These boys really brought their A Game to the infield this year.
  • Top Right: Mustache king Lee really went for the Mexican look with his awesome stache and matching sombrero.
  • Bottom Right: Just had to give you a close up of Clark.

The Rest of Us:

  • Left: Sara (mexican) and Baili- Happy as can be leaving Derby going through the tunnel, this is one of my favorites from the weekend. Baili and Sara are roomies so its pretty perfect. Sara went Team Mexico and wore this amazing green throw with a matching sombrero. Baili went with a cute striped dress from Target and a matching pink sombrero.
  • Top Right: Teddi and I made these {American Flag} Jorts. It was quite the craft, we we're so overwhelmed, from finding the fabric-which we actually used children's clothing from Target, to the actual task of sewing them on. Let's just say we probably won't be making them ever again. My shorts are from Forever21 and Teddi's are from Target. Teddi actually sewed hers herself, while I, who is not as gifted in the sewing area ran to my momma and had her to do it. I wish I had a picture to share of the back of our shorts because they were pretty great. I sported a bald eagle and red stars on the butt pocket while Teddi had cascading silver stars- real cute.
  • Middle Right: Just a group shot in the madness.
  • Bottom Right: Me and Sara- Team America vs. Team Mexico.

Here is my favorite picture of the day, these guys dress up as the Village People every year, and me and Sara were lucky enough to snag a picture!

The Pretty People

Now onto my friends who went to the stands, let me just say they all looked incredible and oh so fancy.

  • Above Left: These hawt ladies all went to the stands where they could actually see a horse. Lauren L and Annie are from Philly and this was their first Derby ever! How exciting, so I will start at the left and work my way over because I am sure you are loving their dresses as much as I am:
    • Keaton is wearing an adorable white dress by French Connection and a beautiful white and black flouncy hat, its such a effortless look and she looks fantastic!
    • Lana the pretty blonde in orange is wearing a dress from BCBG, similar here BCBG.
    • Annie 3rd from end is keeping her accessories simple with a straw hat and Tory Burch wedges and a fun printed dress by Shoshanna.
    • Lauren L went with a bright teal dress that she actually rented from Rent The Runway, this is a great website that you can actually rent designer dresses for only a fraction of the retail price. It is perfect for occasions like the Derby or a wedding where you want to look your best but not break the bank. Her dress is also by Shoshanna, she paired it with a chunky necklace and a fun and flirty fascinator.
    • Next up: Leah, I am honored to say that I actually go to help Leah pick out her Derby dress. She looked beautiful in this cream lace shift from French Connection. She made her hat with leopard ribbon and a bright coral flower, it was super cute.
    • Last but not least is Leah's older sister Lauren, she has an adorable floral print dress.
  • Above Right: Here are the adorable Mr. and Mrs. Casconi, Chris and Laura. Does Laura look familiar? This lovely lady in yellow is the one who loves doing the atomic dog. When Laura and I were discussing her Derby look she made 2 things clear: Bright and Comfortable. She is also wearing a French Connection dress, Target wedges, a chunky orange necklace from a boutique here called Collections, and a large floppy hat with yellow flowers. I love the bright colors of her entire outfit, definitely one of my favorites! Chris is also looking handsome and chose a striped tie and printed jacket. They look Derby perfect!

Above are the soon to be Mr. and Mrs. Jones, (they get married in just 4 months!) Ryan and Meredith are looking oh so dapper while sipping on {Mint Juleps + Lily's} Derby's most known drinks. It's a great picture of what the paddock area looks like. Ryan is wearing a teal tie with little horses on it, perfect for the event. While his lovely bride to be is in a lime green strapless dress. This is also from a boutique here in Louisville called Collections. Her lime green hat matches perfectly and I die for the big bright fuchsia poppy. Bigger is always better when it comes to hats on Derby and I think Mere wins in this category.  

Lovely Ladies from Philly- Lauren L, Leah, and Annie

A close up of Mere's oh so cute hat!

 
And lastly, I have to give some love to the winning horse! "I'll Have Another"


No comments:

Post a Comment