Thursday, December 20, 2012

Wrap it Up

{Creative Ways To Gift Wrap}

My {Holiday Gift Guides} have been "think out of the box" type ideas so I figured I would follow up with creative gift wrapping ideas as well. Today I am going to show you how to beautify those lovely wrapped boxes. Today I am featuring my artistic friend Sara. Sara is truly talented and it shows in her gift wrapping abilities below. To keep in the holiday spirit I decided to use a picture of Sara from when she won {Best Dressed} at our Annual Girls Night Cookie Exchange- Check out the hosts recap post here on Blue Daisy in the BlueGrass.

  • Rudolph on the top left is the only one that I personally made. It was really simple, all you do is buy solid wrapping paper and any printed wrapping paper. You go about your normal wrapping business and wrap the gift in the solid wrapping paper. After this you choose any design you like, whether that be initials, Christmas trees, or in my case Rudolph. Trace this on the back of the printed wrapping paper, cut design out and finally glue or tape onto box! and Voila! You've created a masterpiece.

Saras technique is a little more complicated so I will let her take it from here!

Hi all of QUINNtessentials readers! It’s going to be a sparkly holiday this 2012!

Instead of using the same ol' wrapping paper this Christmas, why not add a little flare to your gifts this year? With a little time and effort, you can add some festive holiday art for those special people in your lives!


Supplies:

  • Elmer’s glue
  • Small paint brush
  • Pencil
  • Scissors
  • ModgePodge Adhesive Spray
  • GLITTER

Directions:

  • Print out templates of the images you want to trace onto the package, or stencil your own (I sketched mine from an image on my phone)
  • Trace or stencil your image onto the paper and paint the glue on heavily.
  • Add a layer of glitter (Add more glue/glitter if it didn't stick evenly).
  • Let it dry before shaking off the excess.
  • To help keep the glitter in place, spray it with the Modge Podge Adhesive spray when finished- it will also protect it.
There you have it! A great way to individualize and personalize your gifts this holiday season. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and an even better Christmas. Stay warm and enjoy this wonderful time with your family and friends.

1 comment: