Thursday, April 19, 2012

Orange is Definitely the NEW Pink

Obsessing Over Orange

So I guess when Elle Woods said that famous line in Legally Blonde, "Whoever said orange was the new pink was seriously disturbed" she was referring to me. My attraction to everything orange has hit an all time high. I love all the different shades of orange from neon to a more coral orange. Below are the things that I can't stop lusting after or that I eventually gave in and actually purchased. Enjoy the simple geORANGEousness of it all!
Top Left: Zara Top Middle: Anthropologie Top Right: ASOS Bottom Left: Forever21 Bottom Right: Zara
  • The top left beaut of a dress is by one of my favorite stores Zara. Zara really thrives in the "simple pieces with flare" category in my mind. It is a European brand that finally now ships to the US, which makes me incredibly happy but my bank account not so much. However, I ordered that dress for a wedding and the color was even more vibrant in person, sadly I had to return it because of the fit. Being only 4'11 things have the tendency to look too "child like playing dress up in her mother's closet" syndrome, rather than the goddess pictured with legs for days. Still it is a great dress and I die for the orange.
  • The earrings are from Anthropologie, I love the Egyptian feel they have to them with the shape, color, and metal. I think they are divine and am seriously considering ordering them as we speak. The more I look at them the more I know I need them in my life. The orange color would seriously pop in my dark hair. Love them, end of story.
  • The top right dress is from ASOS, yet another European brand that ships incredibly fast if I don't add. I am a huge fan of the {cut-out} trend that is happening right now. How sweet is this pretty little heart shaped back, it's just the right amount of sweetness and sexiness. The color makes it stand out from the normal black and I think it is perfect for summer.
  • Bottom left is a shirt I recently picked up from Forever21, at $19.80 you really can't beat the price. I picture it with cute white cropped skinnies. The bright color and stripes really grab the eye and I love the tie in the front. Blouses are light and airy, therefore they have become a staple in my everyday wear.
  • These shoes are to. die. for. I ordered them from Zara a few weeks ago for a wedding I went to this past weekend and let me just say they are my new favorite shoes. Not only do the ankle straps make your legs look thinner and longer, but the color blocking is so fabulous. I paired it with a LBD and brought out the orange with some reddish orange earrings. I was beyond satisfied with the outfit and the ohhh's and ahhh's of the responses I got from friends and strangers. If you're looking for a fun diverse shoe this is for you. They also have them in a pink combo and blue combo on the site. You must check them out!

1 comment: