Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Go Baby Go


{It's All About the Hat}

In honor of this wonderful weekend that is quickly approaching I decided to stop ignoring my blog and start to post again. I was lucky and trusted enough to make my friend Katie Kiper's hat last night and it really got me in the mood for all things Derby! All you local natives in Louisville know how crazy this week is and especially how nuts the women are for their hats. We were brave and ventured to Dee's Crafts last night to start our "mission hat". It was crazy, I'm talking women fighting over $14.95 flowers and $9.00 feathers. I almost felt like it was do or die, luckily Katie wanted pretty simple colors of navy, whites, and pink. I was overly excited with the task that I completely forgot to take pictures of the process. In the end I think it turned out pretty fab and I am considering quitting my day job to solely make hats because it was just that much fun!!!!! The greatest part of all was that we were copying a hat that was sold at Dee's for a whopping $200 and we managed to make Katie's for a steal at $60!!! Happy Derby week everyone!!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment